10 dieting mistakesHealth & Fitness Nutrition
- Drastically Cutting Calories
When you do this your body things it’s starving and immediately slows down your metabolism to preserve the fat you are trying to get rid of.
- Skipping Meals
Try to eat breakfast. Latest research has proved those on a diet who eat breakfast loose weight more effectively. Eating regular meals also reduces the urge to snack.
- Yo-Yo Dieting
This all or nothing mentality, instead of eating wisely, has shown to be the worse way to lose weight and the quickest way to put it all and even more back on again.
- Expecting Too Much Weight Loss Per Week
A couple of pounds a week is the ideal weight loss. Anymore could mean you are losing nothing more than body fluids or worse muscle tissue. Muscle burns calories like a steam engine, so it is the last thing you want to loose.
Drinking coffee or fizzy drinks instead of a proper energy meal.
Substituting a balanced meal with a high sugar or caffeine drink as a way of getting energy is a sure road to disaster.
- Not exercising for at least 20-30 minutes, three times a week. Exercise is crucial for boosting your metabolism to more effectively burn calories.
- Thinking of any food as “bad” or “forbidden.” Food is food – anything in excess is bad for you, anything in moderation is okay.
- Focusing on foods to avoid, rather than foods to include.
- Considering losing excess weight as an end in itself, rather than a means to an end: a healthier body and a happier out-look.
- Not reading and understanding labels. Just because it says ‘95% fat-free’ doesn’t mean that it’s healthy. It COULD mean that it’s 95% sugar!